In this session Robyn focuses on the challenges faced by senior secondary school students in the lead-up to their final exams. Participants will gain an understanding of:
- How handwriting speed and legibility as well as hand pain can impact student’s participation and success at their final examinations.
- An overview of useful assessments for handwriting evaluation.
- The importance of timely support applications for students and the necessary parts of an application will be covered, including using and interpreting the results of assessments.
- Methods for using Telehealth to complete assessments.
- Definition and description of dysgraphia and the impact on senior secondary school students.
- Valid reasons for last-minute applications.
- Working with year 12 coordinators to achieve the best outcomes for students.
- A brief overview of the state and territory differences in applying for Special Provisions.