Become an LDA member today to:
- Network with other professionals in the field of education
- Receive regular publications, the LDA Bulletin and the Australian Journal of Learning Difficulties
- Receive member discounts for participation in workshops, seminars and conferences
- Access members’ only areas of the website – including past issues of the LDA Bulletin and Australian Journal of Learning Difficulties
- Access to conference and seminar presentation notes
By becoming a member of LDA, you and your staff will have an opportunity to meet fellow teachers, speech-language pathologists, psychologists, researchers and other professionals working in the field of education who have a passion for improving student outcomes through effective instruction based on scientific research.
Members receive regular LDA publications via post, including the LDA Bulletin and the Australian Journal of Learning Difficulties as well as member discounts for participation in workshops, seminars and conferences.
You will also have access to the ‘Members Only’ areas of our website where you can obtain past issues of our publications as well as conference and seminar notes.
There are four types of LDA membership:
- Standard Membership of LDA is open to teachers and other professionals working in the field of education.
- Consultant Membership is open to teachers and allied health professionals with training in the learning difficulties area and experience of teaching students with learning difficulties and/or special needs.
- Institutional Membership is open to schools and other institutions which provide services for students.
- Student Membership is open to full-time students in education or related fields.
- All members receive copies of the LDA Bulletin and the LDA refereed Journal, the Australian Journal of Learning Difficulties.
- Individual members have voting rights at LDA meetings, and are eligible for election to Council.
- Members have discounted rates for attendance at LDA Conferences and other professional development activities.
- In addition to individual membership benefits, Consultant Members are invited to be part of a Consultant Network Group and are eligible for registration with the LDA Online Referral Service. For details of Consultant membership and application click here.
- Institutional members receive two copies of the LDA Bulletin and Journal, and membership rates for school/institutional staff to attend LDA Conferences and other professional development activities.
- Student members receive LDA publications and membership rates for attendance at Conferences and other professional development activities, but do not have voting rights and are not eligible for election to Council.
- To apply online for membership simply select your desired membership type HERE and follow the prompts. Any queries about membership can be emailed to email@example.com